All About The Forrest Yoga
In our last article we talked about hatha yoga, we went a lot through what it is and how it will work for you. In this article we will talk about Iyengar yoga and how it is related to Hatha yoga. We will try in this very special article to answer all your questions on Iyengar yoga; we will go through what is Iyengar yoga? What are the benefits of Iyengar yoga? And how to do Iyengar yoga?.
Answering these questions is in the top of our priorities, because answering these questions will tell you if Iyengar yoga is the kind of yoga that is suitable for you and your health needs or not. However, we may have mentioned all these before, so for now let us start answering the questions.
- What is Iyengar yoga?
The surprising fact is that Iyengar yoga is a form of Hatha yoga, but Iyengar yoga focuses more on strength. This special form of yoga was developed by the famous B.K.S Iyengar in the early sixties in India, as an attempt to improve his own health as he was suffering fromtuberculosis. However, in this kind of yoga he wanted to make something intense but simple, and that is exactly what he did.
Being an old form of yoga, Iyengar yoga integrates all the different eight forms of Ashtanga in a proper sequence that gets all the benefits out of them. However, in this special Iyengar yoga a lot of props are used. The reason behind that is that the targets of Iyengar yoga are alignment and precision. But as an answer for our first question; what is Iyengar yoga? Will be: Iyengar yoga is a very simple practice of yoga exactly like Hatha yoga. It includes simple poses and moves to help you out with a lot of things that we shall mention in the answer of our next question, what are the benefits of Iyengar yoga?
- What are the benefits of this wonderful yoga?
The benefits of Iyengar yoga are so obvious in the answer of our first question; what is Iyengar yoga?. Any way we should list the benefits of this wonderful kind of yoga.
- Iyengar yoga helps you out with ailments and disorders.
- Iyengar yoga lowers your high blood pressure and works for depression.
- Iyengar yoga can relief neck pain and back pain.
- Iyengar yoga can heal injured areas.
But we surely need to know the reasons behind all these benefits. Well the reasons are the special features of this amazing kind of yoga. So it is time that we talk about these special features.
- What are the features of this Iyengar yoga?
The features of Iyengar yoga is what makes practicing it really worth it and here are some of them.
- Iyengar yoga includes longer poses, which gives you more relaxation.
- Iyengar yoga emphasizes on alignment, which gives you healthy joints and muscles.
- Iyengar yoga practice includes the using of props, which gives you a lot more benefits. By props we mean blankets, chairs and ropes. So it is really fun.
- Iyengar yoga could be practiced from home, so the ease of practicing it by your own helps you to maintain the regular practice.
- With all these amazing features, will this yoga work for beginners?
The special about Iyengar yoga is that it can work for all levels of students, from beginners to professionals. And the reason behind that is the usage of props that could be modified according to the level of the student.
Only few tips left, try not to wear loose clothes because Iyengar yoga works on alignment which need tight clothes to help you practice Iyengar yoga properly and safely. And of course your instructor will tell you all this.
If you are practicing in a yoga studio or a gym, you only need to bring your mat, towel and bottle of water. All the rest props will be found in the studio.
Hope this article was helpful, for more information you can visit: http://www.iyengar-yoga.com/