As in our previous post we discussed about what is the gluten, what is gluten allergy, its causes, its symptoms, its diagnosis, diet for the gluten allergic person. We will process with the gluten but this time we will talk about what grains are gluten free, list of gluten free foods, gluten in oats.
Gluten free grains:
Listed below are the gluten free grains:
The rice that is brown, white and wild rice.
These grains do not contain gluten naturally, however they are contaminated with the gluten at the mills where they are processed. As a result their physical structure changes and inflammatory reactions can occur by consuming those grains that are processed this in this way. We should avoid the gluten containing grains if we are allergic to the glutin. Snd only consume them if these mills assure you by giving guarantee that there is no gluten in these grains.
List of gluten free foods:
- The Shredded Coconut.
- The Kale.
- Olive Oil.
- Coconut Oil.
- Grass Fed Beef.
- Free Range Eggs.
- Free Range Turkey.
- Free Range Chicken.
- Mixed Greens.
- Wild Salmon.
- Berries (in moderation)
- Bell Pepper
- Black Pepper
- Goat’s Cheese
- Healthy fat: The extra virgin olive oil, the sesame oil, the coconut oil, the grass fed tallow and organic or pasture fed butter, ghee, the almond milk, avocados, coconuts, the olives,nuts and nut butters,the cheese \except for the blue cheeses, and seeds like flaxseed, sunflower seeds, the pumpkin seeds, the sesame seeds, chia seeds are healthy fats and are gluten free.
- Protein: The whole eggs, wild fish like salmon, the black cod, the mahi mahi, the grouper, herring, trout and the sardines. shellfish and molluscs like as shrimp, crab, the lobster, the mussels, the clams, and the oysters. The grass fed meat, fowl, the poultry, and the pork like beef, lamb, liver, bison, a chicken, the turkey, the duck, the ostrich and the veal). Moreover, wild game is also the gluten free food..
- Vegetables: The leafy greens vegetables and the lettuces, the collards, the spinach, the broccoli, kale, chard, cabbage, the onions, mushroom, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, the sauerkraut, artichoke, alfalfa sprouts, the green beans, celery, the bok choy, radishes, the watercress, turnip, asparagus, the garlic, leek, fennel, the shallots, scallions, ginger, the jicama, parsley and water chestnuts are also glutin free foods..
- Low-sugar Fruit: Low sugar fruits like as the avocado, the bell peppers, the cucumber, the tomato, zucchini, the squash, pumpkins, eggplants, lemon, lime are all gluten free foods that can be consumed by the person who is allergic to the gluten.
- Herbs, Seasonings, and Condiments: You can go and consume them here as long as you watch labels. The Kiss ketchup and the chutney goodbye but enjoy the mustard, the horseradish, the tapenade, and the salsa if they are free of gluten, the wheat, soy, and the sugar. There are no restrictions on herbs and seasonings; But be mindful of the packaged products that were made at plants that process the wheat and the soy.
- Carrots and parsnips: Both of them are gluten free and could be consumed without any tension.
- Whole sweet fruit: The berries are best; You should be extra cautious and careful of the sugary fruits like as apricots, mangos, the melons, the papaya, the prunes, and the pineapple.
Gluten in oats:
The oats, unlike the wheat, barley and the rye, do not contain same type of gluten that can be harmful for people who are suffering with celiac disease or with gluten sensitivity. However, not all steel cut oats are safe for gluten free diet. The Cross-Contamination. Oats don not have gluten protein in them which might cause allergy to some people instead it contains the proteins called as avenins which is non toxic and is also tolerated by most of the celiac.