Synthroid is a replacement for a body hormone which is normally produced by our thyroid gland to regulate the energy and metabolism in our body. In such a situation or condition where due to some reasons if thyroid gland does not produce hormone then Synthroid is given to the person so that it can compensate the natural hormone that is produced for regulating and controlling metabolism. Synthroid treats a condition called hypothyroidism where low amount of thyroid hormone is produced. Synthroid is also used to treat goiter which is the enlargement of thyroid glands, which is caused due to hormone imbalances which in turn is due to iodine deficiency, radiation treatment, surgery, or cancer.
How to take Synthroid?
It should be taken with a glass full of water. It should be taken with an empty stomach almost 30 to 35 minutes before taking your breakfast. It gets mix with water in your throat and swells up, in this way gives you a feeling of being fuller and reduces appetite.
What about missed dose?
If you missed any dose then make up for it as soon as possible. But if time for next dose has reached then do not try to take double dose as it will become over dose and will harm your health.
What if overdose?
If mistakenly overdose then immediately see you doctor. Do not delay as it will be harmful for you. Overdose may cause following health problems.
- Leg cramps.
- Feeling nervous or irritable.
- Chest pain.
- Shortness of breath.
- Fast or pounding heartbeats.
A total of 577 drugs are known to interact with Synthroid. Out of which 526 are moderate interactions and 44 are minor drug interactions
Alcoholic food is also interacts with this medicine.
You can not start Synthroid weight loss strategy,If you have some medical history which means you have some disease.
It should be taken with prescription of some specialized doctor.
It should not be used for weight loss or obesity. It may cause the death of the person.
Women should Avoid taking Synthroid if they are taking any female hormone or birth control pills because it may interact with these hormones and cause serious consequences.
Do not eat iron rich or calcium rich food when you are taking this medicine.
Do not take it along with other weigh loss medicines of supplements.
Do not share it with some other person
Store it in a cool dry place away from reach of children.
Do not increase or decrease its dosage without doctor permission or advice.
Consult your doctor if you have any of the following disease before starting Synthroid weight loss
- If you have a thyroid disorder such as thyrotoxicosis.
- If you have heart disease, artery disease or blood clots.
- If you have diabetes because insulin or oral diabetes medication doses need to be changed when you start taking Synthroid.
- If you have anemia a disease where your body lacks red blood cells.
- If you have osteoporosis where your bones get soft and porous., or low bone mineral density;
- If you have any problem in your pituitary gland;
- If you are allergic to some food or drug.
- Adrenal gland disorder
- If you have recently had a heart attack, or some other heart disease
- Tell your doctor if you have received any radiation therapy with FDA
Side effects of Synthroid weight loss:
Listed below are the side effects of Synthroid weight loss
- Fast and irregular heart rate.
- Causes fever, hot flashes and sweating.
- Causes sleep problems such as insomnia;
- Effects your menstrual periods
- Causes vomiting, diarrhea, appetite changes and weight changes.
- It may cause mild hair loss.
To ensure your safety and good health and to protect your life it is highly recommended not to use Synthroid weight loss because it can cause serious threats and side effects that will do you more harms than doing good. So it should only be used to cure thyroid problems rather than weight loss. For weight loss we have discussed many methods in our previous posts. You can refer to those posts and you will find them easy, effective and no side effect.