Push ups are the common exercise that is used for the hand, being done almost every day by different people for various reasons. Some do it out of will without even knowing the importance of the same while others do it as part of their daily exercise though we are not any sure whether they do it in the right way. Some even do it as a punishment from their teacher. But at whichever reason we do the exercise do we really do it in the right way? Or we just found people doing it and we started doing the exercise too.
Push up being one of the simplest exercise which does not require any tool to do or even any specific place for you to do the push-ups, you can literally perform the same anywhere. It is commendable that most of us have doing them, that is fantastic to you. Being very easy to learn one after learning should do them regularly.
They should also be a accompanied by proper lifting program, as they are fantastic for the upper body and core strength building exercise for all the people whether young or old. It is advisable to start even with the simple weights before we proceed to tough ones, hence master your weight lifting together with the push-up for proper body building.
So let us have the look at how we should probably perform the push-ups in the right way, once we have mastered the steps and the rule to have in mind then we can do the effective push-ups I will list with short description of the same below;
- Chest out. Beware, this is the most important point to consider in any of the push-up it might be harder than it appears. We tend to be battling with feeble scapular stabilizing and taut pecs, this because we constantly sit, in the car at work. In pursuit to keep your chest out well you must then seat the scapulae, moving them down and together at the same time. This places your scapulae in the right position to do their task in the push-up exercise, which direct us to our next point.
- Retract and protract the scapular during the push-up.As you move into the bottom part of the push-up, your scapulae should come together and when you push yourself up, your scapulae should protract or come apart
- Low back neutral. This is among the biggest problem that should be addressed when one is doing the push-ups, we seem to enjoy and think that we have placed the core nice and firm, but the reality is you probably doubtless aren’t. Just try to investigate yourself doing the push-ups and you will come to realize that you really need to change the way of your doing and the perspective of you doing during the same. In order to remain neutral, prop your core like you are ready to be hit in the stomach in the whole movement. This will obtain any unnecessary stress off the lumbar spine, and finally this will transform the push-up into one of the appropriate core strengthening exercises ever tried.
- Glutes tight. You should be compressing your glutes like as if you are holding a some expensive commodity and you should not loss it by any means. By keeping the glutes tight this will help you to steady your core and pelvis while doing the push-up. I know it’s not an easy task to focus on keeping every area of your body taut at same time, but you will gain more energy with every tight push-up than you would with very many mindless push-ups.
- Elbows at 45 degrees and go through the full range. Though this might appear harder to tackle but just cover your bases, flaring the elbows out to 90 degrees, is hard, isn’t it especially on the shoulders but this should be avoided by all the means possible. But if you are not getting the full ROM, well then you are just making a fool of yourself. If you did not get complete ROM at beginning , feel free to start with the right done push-ups and look forward to learn more.