The king sized fruit, watermelon represents a healthy and pleasing treat, enjoyed by both kids and adults. It is weighted with the power of quenching your thirst and meeting your physiological needs for nutrients. If you are only thinking of enjoy the fruit content, you should know that the rind is either pickled or commotion fried to make a delicious dish in China. Its seeds are high in fat and protein. It also found to be useful as a snack or as an oilseed. It is a real treat to flavor in extremely hot summers. In addition to its refreshing taste, contains a number of essential nutrients to benefit your health.
- Nutritional Facts of Watermelon :
A big lists of beneficial and healthy effects of watermelons are mainly derivative from its unique vitamins, minerals, organic and nutrients compounds. These include important amounts of magnesium, fiber, protein, vitamin C, calcium, and a very large amount of potassium. Moreover they contain vitamin B6, niacin, thiamin, Vitamin A and a large variety of phytonutrients and carotenoids and including lycopene!
- Health Benefits of Watermelons:
- Kidney Disorders: It contains a large amount of potassium which is very helpful in washing or cleaning out the toxic depositions in the kidneys. Furthermore it is helpful in reducing the consolidation of uric acid in the blood which reducing the chances of kidney damage and the composition of renal calculi in that organ.
- Prevents Heat Stroke: Watermelon is efficient in reducing both your blood pressure and body temperature. Many people eat this fruit every day in the afternoon during the summer to protect themselves from heat stroke in tropical regions. Watermelon also stimulates a release of excess liquid in the form of sweat, which cools your body during hot summer days.
- High Blood Pressure: Watermelons contain a lot of potassium and magnesium which is very helpful to bringing down blood pressure. Potassium which is good for reducing the tension of arteries and blood vessels. These fruits also prevent hardening of artery veins and walls, through helping to reduce atherosclerosis, strokes, blood pressure and the chances of blood clots.
- Prevents Cancer: Watermelons have been popular more and more in recent years because of their dynamic level of a carotenoid phytonutrient, lycopene compound which increasingly prevent cancer. Lycopene significantly reduce the risks of breast, colon, and lung, prostate and endometrial cancer. All in watermelon is a high anti-cancer fruit!
- Diabetes: Watermelons can be a good supplement for diabetic patients Inspite of sweet in taste it will give you very few calories because ninety nine percent of its total weight is consists of Furthermore the numerous vitamins and minerals like magnesium and potassium help in functioning of insulin in the body that helps to lowering the blood sugar level. Arginine, another element found in watermelons, is very helpful at increasing the impact of insulin on blood sugar. The Diabetic patients can also make steaks, salads and curries from water melon rinds which are help to lower in sugar.
- Degeneration Macular: If you eat enough watermelon then you forget to worry about macular degeneration and eye health. Because between the Vitamin C, Lutein, beta carotene and zeaxanthin,are well protected your eyes.
- Heart Care: Lypocene, a major element found in watermelon boost cardiac functions. Beta carotene, one of the important elements of watermelon which helps keep you young at heart and prevents age related cardiac problem.
- Other Benefits: Lypocene also helps to repair in damaged tissues. Watermelon seeds are high in beneficial fats and proteins. It also consist of phytonutrients which have good effects on the health and eyes, internal organs, and the secretion system.