Carrots are very delicious, crunchy, and sugary and healthy. It is a must have vegetable in your food list. Carrot has healthy compounds such as falcarinol, beta-carotenes, minerals, vitamin A, and anti-oxidants in plenty.
Carrots available in shape and color.
Health benefits of carrots:
Crunchy and Sweet carrots are particularly rich in vitamins, digestive fiber and anti-oxidants. They contribute 41 calories per 100 g, insignificant amount of cholesterol and fat.
They are extra rich source of vitamin-A and carotenes. Fresh 100 g carrot has 16706 IU of vitamin A and 8285 µg of beta-carotene. Also carrot has flavonoid compounds that helps to protect from cancers of oral cavity, lung and skin.
In the liver vitamin-A are converted from Carotenes.one of the powerful carotene is Beta carotene which is organic anti-oxidant, it helps in protecting body from oxygen-free damaging radical misery. Also carrot has the actions of vitamin A such as reproduction, helping to have good eye, growth and development.
Carrots has abundant falcarinol, poly-acetylene antioxidant. Scientists Research study indicates that falcarinol in carrots helps in fighting against cancers by damaging cancer cells in tumors.
Carrots is rich in vitamin C; which supplies 9% of RDA. Vitamin C is water dissolved anti-oxidant. It helps to maintain the healthy issue of teeth, gum and tissue. Its anti-oxidant element helps the body to be infected from cancers and diseases from harmful radicals.
Also, carrots are particularly rich in B-complex groups of vitamins like vitamin B-6, folic acid, pantothenic acid, thiamin etc. which acts as enzymes co-factors while subtracting metabolism in body.
Also carrots merges the healthy levels of vitamins like calcium, copper, manganese, phosphorus and potassium. Potassium is an essential component of body and cell fluids that controls the heart rate and blood pressure by resisting sodium effects. Manganese is consumed as a co-factor for antioxidant enzyme and superoxide dismutase.
Increased consumption of antioxidant reduce cardiovascular disease risks and cancer.
Carrots helps in:
- Cancer: various digestive carotenoids have anti-cancer effects which causes antioxidant power in increasing free radicals.
- Lung Cancer: current smokers who did not have carrots three times, has the risk of developing lung cancer compared with who have carrots once in a week.
- Colorectal Cancer: consumption of Beta-carotene helps to inverse the development of colon cancer.
- Leukemia: extract of Carrot juice has the ability to kill leukemia cells.
- Prostate Cancer: beta-carotene plays a protective role against prostate cancer.
- Vision: high beta-carotene in foods helps to restore vision.
- The phytochemicals and antioxidants in carrots also help with regulation of blood sugar the effects of aging is delayed and boosts the immune function.
In short carrots are responsible for:
- improving immunity
- decreasing photosensitivity
- Improves symptoms of HIV.
- Helps to withdrawal alcohol.
- Help in healing minor injuries and wounds.
- Works as an antiseptic.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease.
- High blood pressure risk is reduced.
- Helps to excrete bile and fats.
- Prevent bronchitis.
- Fights infection
- Improves health of flesh, skin and muscle
- Fights anemia.
- Reduces acne.
- Improving eye health
- Carrots are best option of anti-ageing foods for the element which is beta-carotene
- Carrots are rich in vitamin A and antioxidants which are responsible for healthy skin,hair and nails
- Carrots improves the dental health by cleaning plaque. Also biting carrots increases the production of saliva, and balances the acid level which fight with bacteria which cause cavity.
All year-round Carrots can be found in supermarket. They are a versatile vegetable and commonly eaten steamed, raw, boiled. They can be taken as canned or frozen, fresh, even pickled.