In today’s world depression – the most common psychiatric disorder. This is not just sad or bad mood. Depression accompanied by prolonged anxiety, inability to experience pleasure, as well as mental and motor retardation.
According to the WHO, depression affects about 10-16% of people worldwide are older than 40 years. Moreover, women experience depression twice as much as men, and elderly people – three times more than the young. Depression also occurs in adolescence and childhood. Depression experienced by 15 to 40% of girls and boys. Moreover, depression often becomes one of the main causes of suicide. According to statistics, every year, it takes up to 850,000 lives. There are two types of depression: endogenous, which arises from internal regulatory mechanisms of nervous and mental activity, and exogenous – arising as a result of external factors.
As there is an exogenous depression
Exogenous depression can occur for the following reasons:
- As a result of adverse events in a person’s life. This may be the loss of the workplace, the loss of a loved one or a protracted conflict with others.
- In connection with the ingestion of toxic substances, such as nicotine or alcohol.
- Due to food allergies.
- Due to lack of exercise. This leads to decreased production of endorphins.
- In connection with the ingestion of harmful substances through the air or food.
- The adverse effect of antibiotics and steroids, which reduce blood sugar.
- As a result of viral diseases.
Exogenous depression can occur in any person. Disease can go unnoticed, but this depression has a chance to cause profound mental strain identity. Define this ailment following symptoms:
- Gloomy outlook for the future;
- Unwillingness to communicate with loved ones;
- Anxiety or irritability;
- Thoughts of death or suicide;
- Passive way of life;
- Loss of interest in favorite activities;
- Decreased libido.
In case most of the above symptoms is a person leaves more than two weeks, it means that he suffered from an exogenous depression.
Prevention of exogenous depression
If you notice at the signs of this disease, should think about changing lifestyles. You should begin with small, for example, to change the hairstyle, update your wardrobe, and take a walk in the new place. Often the result of exogenous depression are domestic, everyday problems. Especially when the daily route Rights: home-work-home. Worth trying to change the situation and go on vacation, for example, for the city. There are also recipes folk medicine, which helps in the fight against exogenous depression.
- Infusion of oats. To prepare the necessary 3 tablespoons of oat straw pour 2 cups of boiling water. Let stand for 8 hours. Then strain and drink throughout the day.
- Infusion of peppermint. You will need a tablespoon of peppermint pour a glass of boiling water, and cook it for about 10 minutes. The resulting infusion strain and drink half a cup of morning and evening.
- Well help bath with valerian tincture. A glass of valerian root to pour 2 cups boiling water, leave for about 3 hours, tightly closed lid. Strained infusion pour into a warm bath, which is recommended to be taken before bedtime.
Treatment with exogenous depression.
Early treatment is essential exogenous depression primarily for rapid recovery, but also to transition to pass severe depression stage. The most effective treatment for depression is a therapy. During a session with a psychologist, the patient learns to solve internal conflicts, reviewing his low self-esteem, feelings of loss, frustration, anger, resentment, and so on. To get rid of this disease, the patient must learn to be optimistic on the world and its future. He needs a reassessment of previous values in life and find a new meaning in life. Often, in order to overcome exogenous depression psychologists recommend keeping a diary. The so-called technique of “signs of improvement” will help set benchmarks by which the patient can clearly see the positive changes, and after complete resolution of the problem. In his diary, the patient is worth noting and evaluating their condition. Means the use of graphics with conditional marks from “very bad” to “better than nowhere.” Patient day marks your current position and the point to which I would like to get. Through this method, he is keenly aware of the situation and every day seeks to promote “one point” above.
Regular sessions a therapist to help the patient to change the attitude towards the world from a different angle, otherwise start to look at their own lives and to plan your way to a speedy recovery . Another important factor in this difficult period of support and understanding of family and friends. They help to make the patient’s life in positive emotions, thus speeding up the process of getting rid of the disease. In addition, in the treatment of exogenous depression desirable to combine methods: in the first place – psychotherapy, the second – drug therapy.
Since the late 50s people are actively using drugs – antidepressants that can treat exogenous depression. Modern drugs, despite numerous discussions of the public, do not cause addiction or withdrawal of any development.
However, the result of treatment with medication occur only after a month of their reception. It is therefore an important part in the treatment of exogenous depression – shrunk.