In this article we will review about allergy and asthma. You must know the possible association between allergy and asthma. If you know the association between the allergy and asthma then things become easy to recover.
The same allergens that give some people sneezing fits and the wateryeyes can cause an the asthma attack in others. The Allergic asthma is the most common type of asthma. Almost 90% of kids with childhood asthma have the allergies, compared with about 50 percent of adults with asthma. symptoms that go along with the allergic asthma show up after you breathe things called as allergens (or allergy triggers) likethe pollen, dust mites, or the mold. If you have asthma (allergic or non-allergic), it got worse after you exercise in cold air or even after breathing smoke, dust, or the fumes. Sometimes even a strong smell could set it off.
Because allergens are everywhere, it is important that people with allergic asthma know the triggers and learn how to prevent the attack.
What Is the Allergy?
Your immune system job is to protect you from the bacteria and the viruses. If you have the allergies, though, and part of your immune system works too hard. Then It may attack harmless substances , like cat dander orpollen ,in your nose, in lungs, eyes, and under the skin.
When the body meets an allergen, it may make chemicals called as IgE antibodies. They can cause the release of chemicals like histamine, that cause swelling and inflammation. Iitcreates familiar symptoms like a runny nose, itchy eyes, and the sneezing as your body tries to remove the allergen.
What Is the Allergy and Asthma?
If you have the allergic asthma, your airways are extra sensitive to the allergens. Once they get into the body, your immune system overreacts. Your muscles around your airways tighten. Your airways become inflamed and over time are flooded with the thick mucus.
If you have the allergic asthma or non allergic asthma, the symptoms are generally the same. You are likely to:
- Be short of breath.
- Breathe quickly.
- Feel that the chest get tight.
Common Causes for the Allergic Asthma
Allergens, the small enough to be breathed deep into the lungs, include the following:
- Windblown pollen from the trees, grasses, and the weeds.
- Mold spores and the fragments
- Animal dander from the hair, skin, or the feathers) and saliva.
- Dust mite
- Cockroach feces.
Keep in mind that the allergens aren’t the only thing that can make your allergic asthma worse. The Irritants may still trigger the asthma attack, even though they do not cause the allergic reaction. They include the following:
- Smoke from the tobacco, a fireplace, candles, incense, or the fireworks.
- Air pollution.
- Cold air.
- Exercisein cold air.
- Strong chemical odors or the fumes.
- Perfumes, the air fresheners, or some other scented products.
- Dusty rooms.
The doctor can test you to see that what causes your allergic asthma. The 2 most common and recommended methods are below:
- The Pricking your skin with a tiny amount of the allergen and then measuring the size of the red bumps 20 minutes later
- The bloodtest known as a specific IgE or the sIgE test
Tips to Control the Allergens
To control your allergic asthma, we have to avoid breathing the allergens. Here we go with some tips to get relief:
- Stay inside when the pollen counts are high.Keep windows closed. If it ishot, use an air conditioner with a clean air filter. Do not use an old air conditioner if it smells the musty or moldy. Do not use an evaporative cooler (also known as the swamp cooler).
- Avoid the dust mites.Such microscopic critters live in fabrics and the carpets. Wrap the pillows, mattress, and the box spring in allergen proof covers. And Wash your sheets and other bedding once in a week in the hot water. Remove the wall to wall carpeting if you can. and Get rid of the areas where dust can gather, like as heavy curtains, the upholstered furniture, and the piles of clothing. If the child has allergic asthma, and only buy washable stuffed animals.
- Control indoor humidity: Keep Check with an inexpensive meter. If the moisture is above 40% in your home, then use a dehumidifier or air conditioner. It will dry out the air and slow down the growth of molds, the cockroaches, and house dust mites. Also Get a pro in to repair any plumbing or the roof leaks.
- Check for pet allergies.If have pets, get them tested to see if the are causing your problem. Keep the pets outdoors or find other home for them if you can. At very least, ban all pets from the bedroom. The High levels of cat allergens can stick around for much months in a home or the apartment after cats are no longer living there. And There are no hypo-allergenic cats or dogs.One can wash your pet every week, but it will not make much difference in the amount of the allergen you breathe in. The Dusts or sprays that claim to reduce the pet allergens are not the proven effective.
- Keep the kitchen and bathroom clean and dryin order to prevent mold and the cockroaches. If you are allergic to the cockroaches, & you see signs of them in your home, ten contact a pest control company. The Insect spray won’t do the trick. Then you have to get rid of all sources of food in your home, small crumbs in the carpet and oil stains near to the stove. Then Run the exhaust fan when you cook or take the shower to lower the humidity in the room.
- Choose the air filters wisely.The Large HEPA room air filters remove the smoke and other small particles like as the pollen) from a room, however, only when the fan is on. They do not lower humidity or reduce the dust mites. The Electronic air purifiers create ozone, that can cause the airway inflammation.
- Be careful while doing outside work. The Gardening and raking can stir up pollens and the mold. Wear a HEPA filtermask while outside to reduce amount of the pollen and mold particles that get into the lungs.
Medications for the Allergic Asthma
Tray nasal allergymedications that do not make you sleepy (like as over-the-counter generic Claritin), the saline rinses, and decongestant nasal sprays however only for a few days). If these do notwork, use the nasal steroid sprays and stronger the antihistamines. If noof this helps, it might be time to talk to a doctor about the allergy shots.
There are much good asthma treatments, however most require a prescription. Such medications include the inhaled steroids, which fight the inflammation, and the bronchodilators, which open up the airways. If the traditional treatments don’t help your allergic asthma, the Xolair, injectable medication that reduce the IgE levels, may help.
In this article we reviewed about allergy and asthma. You must know the possible association between allergy and asthma. If you know the association between the allergy and asthma then things become easy to recover.